We have just released a new software technology for best image interchange between 3d applications and Adobe Photoshop: Exr-IO. Exr-IO is an Adobe Photoshop plugin that loads and saves OpenEXR images. It is a robust and exact solution for dealing with multi-layer EXR pictures: Exr-IO loads all image channels from OpenEXR files into separate Photoshop layers, while preserving exact values, transparencies and dimensions.
Exr-IO supports all latest OpenEXR standards and specifications.
Homepage and free download:
Advantages of Exr-IO compositing
For years Photoshop artists have envied those doing professional compositing in Fusion and Nuke. The Photoshop handicap of not being able to extract the individual layers, high quality details and bit depths from EXR files was an everlasting fog of war in the workflow.
With Exr-IO artists now have limitless access to all image channels coming from the 3D department or special camera formats.
Exr-IO supports all OpenEXR features and provides workflow optimizations for Photoshop:
• Open and save all channels of the OpenEXR file
• Support for Photoshop layer features like blending and opacity
• Deep data sample import
• Accurate support for chromaticities and color formats
• Support for OpenEXR display window specification
• Extensive load and save options
• Adobe Photoshop 32 and 64 bit versions support (Windows)
• Free of Charge