Flatiron 1.71 now offers full support for 3ds Max 2014
“The most efficient way to produce fully baked 3D scenes and levels for computer games, 3D visualization or realtime simulations.”
Flatiron is a unique render-to-texture plug-in which is capable of baking full scenes or selections of objects into a single UV Map with only few simple clicks.
It is a fast, simple and yet configurable automatic unwrapping and baking solution that greatly speeds up the process of baking complex scenes.
The latest version of Flatiron contains the most often requested features: additional unwrap options for hard surface objects, automatic self-illumination setting for immediate viewport previews and direct access to the render element settings through MAXScript.
- added additional unwrapping mode for hard surface object which produced suboptimal results with the default organic unwrapping mode
- added option to automatically adjust self-illumination of baked materials
- added option to force the baker to use the 3ds Max default material independently from the scene source materials
- added MAXScript access for the bake element parameters
- fixed distortions when rendering multiple maps where the unwrap had a different aspect ratio than the rendered textures
- fixed sub-materials getting mixed up in Multi/Sub-Object materials when the ‘Clean Multimaterial’ option was used
- fixed issues with grouped objects only being partially included when baking selection sets
- fixed texture corruption for certain render options when the currently selected layer was hidden during rendering
- in addition this release contains various minor fixes and performance improvements